At the end of our Friday night knitting, one of our knitters mentioned that she was going on a Rotary mission to Ghana on January 5. She has been involved in several international trips like this, usually offering medical help and knowledge, which is her area of expertise. She will be visiting kids with AIDS, from birth up to about 10 years of age. Even though Ghana is near the equator, it does cool down in the evenings ...and these compromised children have a hard time keeping warm.
And now for our request. Robbi would really love to take hats with her to share with these children.
- They should fit kids from birth to 10 years of age.
- They need to be soft because AIDS children tend to be hyper-sensitive. Soft wool or wool blends would be ideal.
- No buttons (for the smallest sizes, as per usual).
- Cheerful, colourful, happy hats would be most appreciated.
- And they need to be delivered to Little Red Mitten by Wednesday, January 4 so that she can pack them in her suitcase! Can we do it??? It is a busy time of year ...but knitters have big hearts!!!!