Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Knitter's Heaven

A few weeks ago, I ordered a couple of copies of "Knitting with Two Colors" from Schoolhouse Press.  I admit it, ....mostly because I wanted a copy.  When Meg Swansen talks, I like to listen.

The book just makes me smile.  Not only does it have great photos of deliciously traditional stranded knitting, but it is full of the wisdom of so many knitters. 

For 39 years, Elizabeth Zimmermann's (and now, her daughter, Meg Swansen's) knitting camp has inspired knitters to stretch their skills and knowledge, discuss and challenge each other and share tips they have learned, or tricks they have worked out on their own.  Throughout the book, Meg credits other women with numerous "Why-didn't-I-think-of-that?" ideas.  I can just imagine the excitement at camp as one person comes up with an idea, someone else expands on it, several people try it out and improvements are made.  It must be like a think tank for knitters. 

Is it just me? Or does that sound like a knitter's heaven?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment